Are you looking for a unique and spooky addition to your Halloween decor? DIY bleeding candles are easy and really give a spooky vibe! If you want an extra touch of fright for your home or party this Halloween, these simple and fun to create candles give off a creepy effect as they “bleed” red wax down their sides.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your own bleeding candles using just a few materials. Get ready to add a creepy atmosphere to your Halloween festivities with these DIY bleeding candles.
Why DIY Bleeding Candles are Perfect for Halloween
Halloween is all about embracing the spooky and eerie atmosphere, and what better way to do that than with DIY Bleeding Candles? We LOVE Halloween in my house and these candles add an extra level of creepiness to our Halloween decor.
The “bleeding” effect created by the red wax dripping down the sides of the candles adds a macabre touch that is perfect for the season. Plus, making these candles yourself allows you to get creative and customize them to fit your personal style. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or simply want to set the mood for trick-or-treaters, DIY Bleeding Candles are the perfect addition to your spooky decor.
DIY Bleeding Candles for Halloween Decor
What You’ll Need:
There’s a good chance you’ll already have everything you need to create these spooky candles. If you don’t, that’s okay, these are easy to find items and they’re inexpensive too.
- White candle sticks (tapered candles)
- Candle stick holders: Halloween themed holders are a good idea because you’ll probably end up with some of the “blood” dripping onto the holder. It can probably easily be cleaned, but just in case, I wouldn’t use my grandmother’s candle stick holders.
- Red crayon
- Lighter or matches – if you’ve never tried the rechargeable candle lighter you need to, its a game changer
- A sheet of paper or paper towell: This is just to protect the surface that your candle is sitting on in case any of the red crayon drips on it.
Here are a few more items we love:
How to Make DIY Bleeding Candles
This is so simple, you won’t believe it! In just a few steps you’ll elevate your Halloween decor to a whole new level! Work on one candle at a time for the best results.
- Secure your candle in the holder and place it on a sheet of paper or paper towel
- Light the candle
- Remove the paper from the red crayon
- Hold the red crayon over the flame of the candle and let the melted crayon drip down the sides of the tapered candle.
- Hold the crayon over the candle for longer in one spot to get longer drips. Alternate the length of the drips as you move around the candle.
Displaying Your Bleeding Candles for Maximum Effect
Now that you have created your DIY Bleeding Candles, it’s time to display them for maximum effect. Here are a few ideas to help you showcase your creepy creations.
- Place your bleeding candles in front of a mirror. The reflection will give the illusion of even more candles and enhance the eerie ambiance.
- Arrange them on a mantel or shelf, surrounded by other Halloween decorations like cobwebs, fake spiders, or spooky figurines.
- Place your Bleeding Candles in glass lanterns or jars. The glass will create a haunting glow and contain the dripping wax, preventing any mess.
- Use candelabras for an elegant yet spooky look.
@mrsblinks #pinterestmomtiktok is back!! I’m sharing Halloween hacks, spooky snack ideas, and our favorite costumes all week long! Our travel videos will be back next week! #halloween #tiktokhalloween ♬ Spooky, quiet, scary atmosphere piano songs – Skittlegirl Sound
No matter how you choose to display them, make sure to dim the lights or use flickering LED tea lights to add an extra eerie touch. With your Bleeding Candles on full display, you’re sure to create a spooky atmosphere that will leave your guests a creepy vibe!