Are you wondering how to make holidays more fun? Making a fun holiday breakfast for my girls is one way I am able to make every holiday feel magical and fun to them. I love to experiment and make what could be an ordinary meal fun and creative. Making a fun “pinterest mom” breakfast doesn’t have to be extravagant and over the top. They can be simple, easy, and still be magical and so much fun for your kids. Keep reading to see how I turned a can of store bought rolls into the most magical Easter Bunny cinnamon rolls ever!
Want more Easter inspiration? Check out my Easter page where I share snack ideas, activities, Easter Basket Ideas, and so much more!
What you will need
This is one of my favorite Easter breakfasts to make for my family. Simply because it is so easy and only requires one ingredient. Canned cinnamon rolls. Who doesn’t love those? I’m going to show you how to make them even funner for your kids.
You’re going to want to make sure you buy the package of them that can unravel, I’ve made that mistake before, but we just rolled with it and made it work. The grand’s cinnamon rolls are my favorite.
Follow along as I show you step by step instructions on how to make the cutest, and easiest Easter Bunny Cinnamon rolls!!
Scroll all the way to the bottom of this post to check out my how-to video on making these Easter bunny cinnamon rolls.
Steps to make the bunnies
You will want to start by opening your cinnamon roll package, pull apart your first roll, and unravel it half way.
With your unraveled cinnamon roll form 2 bunny ears. Using your fingers, pinch the bunny ear sections to form them. You will also want to make sure you really pinch the sides together. This will prevent them from separating while they bake.
The packaging calls for them to be baked at 350 degrees for 23-27 minutes. Although I usually bake them for 3-5 minutes less than the packaging calls for. Use your best judgement, and be sure to watch them while they bake.
If your bunny ears separate while baking, you can form them back together while they are still hot. You may want to use utensils or a spatula so they don’t burn yourself. You will want to be sure to do this while they are fresh out of the oven, if you try to once they cool the ears will break.
Let the bunnies cool for 10 minutes. You can now add your icing and fun decor, like sprinkles or easter plates and napkins.
Other fun Easter breakfast ideas
Yes, the Bunny Cinnamon rolls are super easy and fun. But I’ve got a few other simple fun things you can make for Easter breakfast. Even a few that the kids can help with.
- Build your own Easter Egg Pancake. All that’s needed for this one is your cooked pancake, and whatever fun toppings you want, fruit, whipped topping, sprinkles, chocolate chips. Then you let your kid decorate their easter egg shaped pancake any way they want.
- Hatching chicken eggs. This one is so fun and cute. You will make your easter egg shaped pancake, and cut it with a jagged edge to look like it was broken. I share all the details for in my Hatching Chicken Eggs post.
- Cut out pancake shapes. Cookie cutters are such a versatile kitchen tool, they’re not just for cookies. You can lay your medal cookie cutter in the pan and pour your batter to form the shape. Or if that sounds like too much, you can just make some big pancakes and cut them out into your fun easter shapes after. Plus you get to snack on the cut outs while you’re cooking right?
- Bunny or chicken eggs. This can be done with a sunny side up, or hard boiled egg. With the sunny side up egg, just like the hatching chicken breakfast, you can add topping on the yolk. You can find out what I used to make the most adorable face in my Bunny Egg Post.
- Easter Bunny Pancakes might be the easiest one ever. All you need is different pancake shapes. Find out how I made them in my Easter Bunny Pancakes post.
Easter Bunny Cinnamon Rolls Video
View this post on Instagram
Making fun holiday food, especially breakfast, is something I love doing for my girls. These bunny cinnamon rolls have become a tradition in our family, we have them every year now. And I hope that they carry this tradition on with their family when they are older.
I hope that I have helped you come up with some fun and easy ideas for an exciting Easter Breakfast with your kids. No matter what you decide to do for Easter Breakfast, I know your kids are going to love it.
Here are some Easter themed items I am loving this year
If you enjoyed this post, and got so many ideas on how to make Easter breakfast fun, You should check out my post about Easter baskets. I’ve been able to compile so many fun and easy ideas to help make shopping for one easier!
I also share so many fun holiday things over on my instagram and tiktok. I’d love it if you head over there and follow me.