Easter snacks are so fun to make! My kids get to help make, and of course eat, our fun food. They get to help in the kitchen, and it gets them so excited about Easter. We love to make holiday themed snacks and this one is so colorful, versatile, and exciting.
Have you seen this fun Easter s’mores dip? It has peeps in it!! And who doesn’t love s’mores. They’re ooey and gooey and chocolatey. YUM! I have a super simple recipe that makes snack time fun and super delicious. It only has 2 ingredients, more if you want to dip snacks in it, or make it even more fun. But it is all up to you how fun and exciting you want to make it. Follow along and see how we make this life changing Peep’s s’mores dip.
If you love peeps as much as me… I have another post for edible peep’s playdough!
Ingredients for s’mores dip
When I say this dip is easy, I mean it is easy! 15 minutes and done. The fun part of this recipe is that you can add in any extra items you want to make it more exciting.
The ingredients needed for this peeps s’mores snack dip are,
-non stick cooking spray for your pan
-Milk chocolate chocolate chips
See I told you that was easy! You probably already have cooking spray at your house, all you need is 2 ingredients, how simple is that!
Extra ingredients for fun
I love this recipe because yes it only requires 2 ingredients, but it is a great way to use up leftover Easter candy. You can add so many other fun items to this dip to make it taste even better.
- Dark or white chocolate. You can experiment with any combination of your favorite chocolate chips here. For fun you could even toss in some peanut butter or butterscotch chips.
- Candy! Sprinkle some fun candy on top of the chocolate to add a fun spririse in your dip. M&M’s would be perfect for adding to this dip.
- Sprinkles. Holiday sprinkles add fun to every dessert.
- A swirl of nutella or carmel. Those 2 things on their own are already delicious. Adding them to this yummy easter dessert will only make it better.
Can peeps really be used for s’mores?
I know what you’re thinking. Can peep’s really be used for s’mores? Let alone a s’mores dip? Although peep’s are a delicious Easter treat they are only marshmallows covered in color. They melt just as good as a traditional marshmallow, but they add more holiday excitement than a normal marshmallow would.
So YES! Peep’s are the perfect ingredient to use on Easter s’mores or in an Easter s’mores dip.
Dippers for your Easter S’mores
This is one of the most exciting parts of this s’more dip. Figuring out what you can dip in it. I promise when I say, just about anything will taste good dipped in this ooey gooey s’mores deliciousness. But here are some ideas of what we used to dip in our Easter dip.
- Graham crackers. Such a traditional s’mores dipper but still so good. You could choose to dip the classic honey, or even try cinnamon and chocolate.
- Pretzels. Salty pretzels with this sweet dip, yum! Pretzels also come in so many different fun shapes too.
- Cookies. I know I know.. Cookies AND this chocolaty s’mores dip? But a nice chocolate chip cookie, or a sugar cookie dipped in here is perfect. Even a nice simple vanilla wafer cookie, they are small and perfect for dipping.
- Fruit. Sweet fresh fruit is a perfect snack. Dipping it in the s’mores dip.. perfect.
- Waffles or Pancakes. Turn this fun, festive Easter dip into a breakfast. Make waffles or pancakes and let your kids dip them.
- A spoon. Who are we joking. This dip is good on its own. You can enjoy it with just a spoon. :)
Here are some of my favorite Easter items
How to make Peeps s’mores dip
We’ve talked about the required ingredients, the extra ingredients, and the dippers. Now let’s talk about how exactly to make this delectable Easter dip.
- You will start with a well greased baking dish.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips. I like white chocolate so I added some of those in.
- Top with a layer of peeps. Make a fun pattern, or use different peep characters to make it funner.
- You will bake it for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Once cooled off a little bit, this s’mores dip is crunchy, melty and perfect.
How to store leftovers.
I’d be surprised if any of this was left over. But if you have any that you are wanting to save to enjoy later, don’t worry. You will want to store this in an airtight container. It will last for 3-5 days. It can be reheated in the microwave, or back in the oven for a few minutes.
Still just as gooey and delicious.
Watch how easy it is to make
View this post on Instagram
I truly hope that I have shown you how easy and delicious this peeps smores dip is. Holiday snacks don’t have to be difficult and time consuming to be delicious and fun. This dip proves that.
If you enjoyed this simple Easter dessert recipe. I have so many other fun Easter posts that I just know you will love. I share so much stuff along the way on my social media so go over and follow and friend me. Share your Holiday snack idea’s with me. I love new ideas to do with my girls.
Check out my other Easter snack posts, it’s fun and your kids will love it.
- Easter Bunny Pancakes
- Bunny shaped cinnamon rolls
- Peeps Playdoh
If this was too much sugar for you, I also have a post for healthy Easter snacks that kids will still love.