‘Tis the season to bring joy and magic to your breakfast table! As Christmas approaches, what better way to surprise your little ones than with a delicious and adorable morning treat like reindeer pancakes? My favorite thing about these pancakes is that I use things I already have on hand to make them!
These whimsical creations are not only delicious but also a surefire way to add an extra dash of holiday cheer to your family’s Christmas celebrations. This is a super simple way to put a big smile on your kids’ faces this holiday season!
What You’ll Need to Make Reindeer Pancakes
- My pancake recipe below or your favorite pancake mix or homemade pancake recipe
- Pretzel sticks
- Raspberries or strawberries
- Optional toppings: Whipped cream and maple syrup
Dry Ingredients for Reindeer pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Wet Ingredients for Reindeer Pancakes
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Equipment needed for Reindeer Pancakes
- the correct measuring cups or spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- A large spoon or whisk to mix your ingredients
- A pan or skillet to cook your pancakes
- And of course the fun part, a spatula to flip your pancakes over.
*A special piece of equipment I love to use when baking is a sifter. It makes sure all the lumps are out and adds extra air into your mix and makes it more airy and fluffy*
Steps to Make Reindeer Pancakes
I’ve already said it, but let me just stress how incredibly easy these are to make! The only thing that is even remotely challenging is pouring your pancake mix in the shapes you need to make your reindeer face. Remember, this doesn’t have to be perfect!
- First, make your pancakes. If using my recipe above, just combine all ingredients until just mixed together (don’t overmix!)
You’ll just need two small ovals for the ears, one round pancake for the face, and a sort of bulb shape for the snout.
- Once you have your pancake shapes made, it’s time to assemble. Start with the round pancake and place it in the center of the plate.
- Add the snout on top, and then tuck the ears underneath at the top.
- Place pretzel sticks in the form of antlers between the ears.
- Add your blueberry eyes and strawberry or raspberry nose.
That’s all there is to it! Serve with whipped cream or maple syrup and enjoy!