When you were a kid did you play with sidewalk chalk? If you thought that was fun, you should try chalk painting with ice pops. This Pinterest Mom Summer activity is a cool way to paint the streets. Read along to see how you can make your Sidewalk Chalk Ice with us this summer.
If you are looking to make this the best summer yet but overwhelmed with the idea of having your kids home all day, you need the Pinterest Mom Summer bundle pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of activity ideas, recipes for tasty summer treats, printables, and more!
What You Will Need:
- Sidewalk Chalk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- ice cube tray or popsicle molds
- Cheese Grater
- short popsicle sticks
Making your own Sidewalk Chalk Paint:
- Start by grating a sidewalk chalk into a measuring cup. (use about half a new stick)
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into the measuring cup.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix well with the other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray or popsicle molds
- Repeat for each color you’d like to make. Double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch.
- Add mini popsicle sticks into the ice cube trays. You can lean them to one side to keep them standing up.
- Freeze….Once frozen, let the ice cube tray sit out for a few minutes so that you can easily pull the paintsicles out.
If you love these types of activities, check out more of our summer inspired posts here:
Dont Forget Your Pinterest Mom Summer bundle Pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of similar activity ideas.