If you remember being a kid, then you remember playing with sidewalk chalk. If you thought that was fun, you should try chalk paint, so much fun! Here’s another Pinterest Mom Summer activity that is sure to entertain everyone outside this year. Read along to see how you can make your Sidewalk Chalk Paint this summer.
If you are looking to make this the best summer yet but overwhelmed with the idea of having your kids home all day, you need the Pinterest Mom Summer bundle pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of activity ideas, recipes for tasty summer treats, printables, and more!
What You Will Need:
- 3/4 Cup of Corn Starch
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- Food Coloring
- Jar or Bowl
- Paint Brushes
- Muffin Tin or Paint Pallet
Making your own Sidewalk Chalk Paint:
- In your pan or pallet add about 4-6 teaspoons of cornstarch to each well.
- In a separate jar or bowl add 4-6 teaspoons of water and 6-8 drops of food coloring and stir well.
- Add the colored water to one of the wells and mix it with the cornstarch. Repeat with each well and a different color.
- Stir the mixture well and you have sidewalk chalk paint!
- Use to paint on the sidewalk or driveway.
If you love these types of activities, check out more of our summer inspired posts here:
Dont Forget Your Pinterest Mom Summer bundle Pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of similar activity ideas.